Our website address is: https://africanidentitytravels.com.
Cookies allow us to improve the website’s content, functionality and speed, while their tracking ability also helps us to understand your likes and dislikes, which means we can respond quickly and adapt the site accordingly.
- Authentication cookies. If you’re signed in to our Services, these cookies will help us show you the right information and personalize your experience.
- Session cookies. These cookies store the ID of a user’s session. The cookie is set when a user signs in and is used to restore the session without entering the personal data.
- Third-party cookies. In addition to the cookies com delivers to your computer, certain third parties may deliver cookies to your computer for a variety of reasons for more targeted advertising experience. We are working with online advertising companies to display online behavioral advertising on our sites and third party sites that you visit. This targeting may be based on information you submit on our sites or third party platforms. Your search parameters (origin, destination, travel dates, class and number of passengers) could be used for advertising purposes. Please note what we are not sharing Personally identifiable information to third parties.
What information we collect with cookies?
Whether it’s your first visit or not, and whether you visited our site directly or via a link or search form published by one of our partners, cookies allow us to understand your search history: origin, destination and travel dates.
What can you do if you don’t want cookies to be set or want them to be removed?
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, however some people prefer not to allow cookies. You may change the security settings of your web browser in order to stop your device receiving and storing cookies, to allow receiving and storing cookies from selected websites you trust, or to be notified before receiving cookies. You may also delete cookies stored in your browser at any time. Information stored in such cookies will be removed from your device. However, that these settings may have negative effects on the web sites usability.
Browser manufacturers usually provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products. Please see below for more information:
- Google: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-gb
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/260971/description-of-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Safari (Desktop): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?locale=en_US
- Safari (Mobile): https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Android Browser: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/54068?visit_id=1-636585517588941681-639659396&hl=en&rd=1
- Opera: https://www.opera.com/help
- Opera Mobile: https://www.opera.com/help/mobile/android#privacy
For other browsers, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides. You may opt-out of third party cookies from Google Analytics on its website.
You can opt out of interest-based targeting provided by participating ad servers through via the next link: aboutads.info.
Social media features and widgets.
Our Website might include certain Social Media features and widgets, such as the “Facebook Like”, “Facebook Share”, “Facebook Pixel”, “Twitter Tweet”, features, buttons or other interactive mini-programs (“Social Media Features”). These Social Media Features may collect information such as your IP address or which page you are visiting on our Website, and may set a cookie to enable them to function properly. Social Media Features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. If you “LIKE”/”SHARE”/”+1” us (or perform a similar action) in social networks, we may obtain your first and last name.
Please be aware that if you choose to interact or share any Personal Information via such widgets, you are in fact providing it to these third parties and not to us. Your interactions with these third parties are managed by these Social Media policies and not ours. For example, you will not be able to use the “Facebook Like” button if you are not logged in to your Facebook account. Once you use the button this will be associated with your Facebook history, but we will not process this information.
Information we might obtain from third parties.
We might obtain some non-personally identifiable information from third parties. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of data.
We might insert advertising on our partner websites, social networks or Advertising networks who might categorize website visitors with similar characteristics or interests into non-personally identifiable data segments and offer these segments to their own clients, visitors and subscribers. For example, if a person expresses an interest in electronics or beauty products, they might see an advertising banner linking to similar service provider company web site.
We might obtain and record information that an ad was requested or shown, how many times, the target geography of the ad (which will not include an IP address or specific personally identifiable location and any user interactions with the ad or the page where the ad appears. This information is used for analysis, reporting and troubleshooting.
We do not perform any visitors profiling activities.
Where Do We Store Your Information?
We take Client confidentiality and security very seriously. We are committed to protecting the Personal Data you share with us. We use a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
The data processing consisting in hosting provider services (storage and maintenance of databases containing your personal data, protected by password) is performed on our behalf under confidentiality agreements by our authorized data processor.
The agreements with the data processor guarantees that the requirements of the GDPR will be met and the rights of data subjects are protected. The Data Processor will only act on behalf of our documented instructions, have direct responsibilities under the GDPR and may be subject to fines or other sanctions if they don’t comply.
Once this contract is concluded, data processor will return data to us or transmit to another processor appointed by us, and erase any copy in its possession. However, the processor may keep the data locked to address possible administrative or jurisdictional responsibilities.
Unless otherwise specified, where you have indicated to us that you are happy for us to send you the information about products or services we offer and we feel may interest you or similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about do so, we assume you are happy for us to keep your collected personal data. We may retain your Personal Information (contact details) for as long as your User Account is active or as otherwise needed to provide you with information about our Services. As the data subject you have rights related to processing of your personal data and the option of withdrawing your consent to receive promotions at any time. Please see paragraph “Your rights”.
If you and us enter in any type of contractual relationship, we might keep your data during the performance of the contract and as long as it is necessary as for our legitimate interests. Please see paragraph “Lawful basis and the purposes of the processing (Uses made of your personal information).
Lawful basis and the uses made of your personal information.
We use the data we collect for the following basic purposes, described in more detail below:
To take steps at the request of the data subject prior to providing you with the requested service):
During the purchase process, we ask you only for the personal data that we need to provide you with our mediation services to contract travel products, as well as to attend you and solve any post-contractual query, claim or request, and therefore the lawful basis is Contract and our Legitimate interests.
We will use the provided information to operate effectively and do our best to respond to your enquiry. Once you enter into a business relationship (oral or written contract) with us, we will invoice our services and offer you post-sales service and loyalty if required.
We might hold your information for as long as is necessary to comply with our and legal obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller after the contractual relationship between you and us elapses. The lawful basis for such retention is Legal obligation. As the data subject you have rights related to maintenance, storage and processing of your personal data. Please see paragraph “Your rights”.
When you choose to subscribe to our mailing list to receive alerts about cheap prices, to send you communications, including promotional communications and advertising with your explicit consent or allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so. The lawful basis for such processing is Consent.
If you wish not to receive such promotional e-mails, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us as described in paragraph “Your rights” or follow the “unsubscribe” or instructions contained in the promotional communications you receive.
We might use your automatically collected data such as IP address and browser data for our Website improvement, such as:
To administer our site and for internal operations, including data security, troubleshooting, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device. The lawful basis for such processing is Legitimate interests.
Disclosure of information to third parties.
We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies without your consent except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
We provide the information to trusted partners who provide us services under confidentiality agreements, specified in Paragraph “Trusted partners (data processors) who work on our behalf under confidentiality agreements and might store, maintain or process your data. These companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
We may disclose your information to third parties when we reasonably believe we are obligated to do so by law, and in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual prohibited activities, including but not limited to, fraud and situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person.
You can find detailed information related to data location in paragraphs ‘Where Do We Store Your Information?’ and ‘Trusted partners (data processors) who work on our behalf under confidentiality agreements and might store, maintain or process your data’
Law Enforcement, Legal Requests and Duties:
We may disclose or otherwise allow others access to your Personal Information pursuant to a legal request, such as a subpoena, legal proceedings, search warrant or court order, or in compliance with applicable laws, if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so, with or without notice to you. Your details may also be disclosed to the police and law enforcement agencies for the purpose of fraud detection, crime prevention and national security.
You have the following rights in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation:
- The right to be informed. In this privacy statement we supply you detailed information related to your personal data storage, maintenance and processing.
- The right to access information held about you
- The right to access information held about you
- The right to rectify your personal data if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date
- The right to erasure (delete or remove) your personal data
- The right to restrict (block) processing. When processing is restricted, we will store your personal data, but not further process it.
- The right to data portability which allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services. It allows them to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling We are not making any decisions which might produce a legal effect on you based on automated processing.
- The right to withdraw your consent (object) to direct marketing You can exercise your rights by contacting us at [email protected]
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority You have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority if you have a concern about our information rights practices.